4. How can I get an Application Specialist to visit my lab?
Contact Technical & Informatics Services (TAIS) who may be able to address your needs. If needed, a Technical Specialist will assist in arranging a visit by an Application Specialist.
5. How do I schedule training at your training facility in Sparks, MD?
When purchasing a new BD System, as part of the system installation process, our Training Coordinator will contact you. If you are interested in scheduling training beyond the initial installation, please call us toll free at 1-800-315-6004.
6. For which products do you offer training?
We offer training at Diagnostics Systems headquarters
in Sparks, MD and at your site, for the BD ProbeTec™ ET System, the BD Viper™ System, the BD Phoenix™ System, and BD EpiCenter™ Data Management Software. Additional in-house training is offered on BD EpiCenter/BACTEC and BD EpiCenter/MGIT systems.
Training is offered on site, in your laboratory for the BACTEC™ Blood Culture System and the BACTEC™ MGIT™ 960 System, Affirm™ VPIII and QBC™ systems.
7. Is there training included with the purchase of my product/instrument?
Training for one person is included in the purchase price of the instrument. Additional training may be purchased for a reasonable fee.
8. Do you offer any trainings or educational sessions on-line?
The Technology Training Center offers Webinars
(on-line seminars) several times a year. Please visit bd.mshow.com for archived webinars.
9. Do I get CEU's for my training?
CEU's are offered for both in-house and on-site system training. They are also available for the Webinars
that we host. CEU's are accredited by ASCLS P.A.C.E., the state of Florida, or the state of California. CEU's are not available for Archived Webinars.
10. How can I express my satisfaction/dissatisfaction with my Service experiences?
11. What kind of skill set or knowledge do I need in molecular biology in order to attend a ProbeTec Training Class?
While there are no specific molecular biology prerequisites for attending a BD ProbeTec™ ET training class, we do recommend that the person attending the training be proficient in routine laboratory techniques and procedures.
12. What kind of skill set or knowledge do I need in Identification & Susceptability Testing to attend a BD Phoenix™ Training Class?
In order to make effective use of the time allotted for training, we require that the persons attending the training be experienced working in a diagnostic microbiology laboratory and practiced at maintaining sterile techniques.
13. What kind of skill sets or knowledge do I need to become an EpiCenter™ user?
In order to make effective use of the time allotted for training, we require that the person attending the training have experience working in a diagnostic microbiology laboratory. Experience with Microsoft Windows® and common Microsoft applications are highly desirable.
14. How long are training classes?
· BD ProbeTec™ ET — 2 days
· BD ProbeTec™ ET/Viper™ — 2 days
· BD Phoenix™ — 2 days
· BD EpiCenter™ — 2 days
· BD Phoenix™/ EpiCenter™ — 4 days
Class length may be subject to change. You will be informed of the length of your training class when arrangements are made for your travel to BD.
15. How do I make travel arrangements to attend training classes at the Technology Training Center?
When the paperwork for your order has been approved, you will be contacted by our Training Coordinator to schedule a class and arrange for travel and accommodations.