At BD, we are committed to the design, manufacture and distribution of safe and effective medical supplies, laboratory equipment, diagnostic products and services. We strive to protect the health and safety of our associates, customers, partners and communities.
Consistent with this mission, BD adheres to the following policy:
- Prevent accidents, injuries and occupational illnesses in the workplace.
- Create a culture that fosters health, safety and wellbeing for our associates, business partners and customers.
- Incorporate environmental, health and safety protection measures into the development of our products and services, supported by external partners and industry initiatives.
- Conserve natural resources, minimize hazardous material in our processes and products, conserve energy, reduce water use, reduce waste generation and effectively manage environmental impacts from our global operations.
- Act as responsible stewards of the environment by working sustainably toward continuous improvement and innovation.
- Act as responsible corporate citizens, and at a minimum, comply with regulations as our foundation and establish our own standards where regulations may not be considered adequate or do not exist.
Since environmental, health and safety management is a shared responsibility, this policy applies to all associates at BD and shall be made available to the public.