At BD, we take emergency planning seriously, particularly around pandemic influenza. Since 2006, we have actively prepared specifically for pandemic influenza. We are committed to ensuring that preparedness planners have the critical medical supplies at hand in the face of pandemic influenza.
BD. Our Commitment
With the rapid spread of the current H1N1 flu outbreak, BD is taking important steps to develop and implement localized emergency plans that continue to serve our customers around the world.
- Actively monitoring the recommendations of national and global health organizations (CDC, WHO) to ensure our plans are in accord and can change as needed depending on the pandemic status.
- Assessing our manufacturing and distribution capacities to keep critical processes going and ramp up our capabilities both regionally and globally in the face of potentially high levels of absenteeism.
- Reviewing our entire supply chain, including suppliers, manufacturing, distribution, customer service and human resources, to be prepared to implement plans that may be needed to allow us to continue providing products to our customers and protecting our employees.
- Building increased inventories of a limited number of products we believe that will be in demand to help us respond more immediately during this emergency.
- Actively communicating with the U.S and other governments to understand and plan to meet their needs to provide critical medical supplies during a potential flu pandemic.
BD. Delivering Preparedness