BD technical expertise is something we are proud of. The following BD white paper serves as clinical evidence of the efficacy and superiority of our products.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the product made?
2. Where are the product expiration dates shown?
3. Are BD PosiFlush Syringes latex free and preservative free?
4. Can I drop BD PosiFlush Syringes onto a sterile field?
5. What is the syringe PSI - both when flushing and aspirating?
In general, the larger the diameter of the syringe barrel, the lower the PSI generated during flushing provided the force applied to the plunger is the same. For example, in an occluded catheter, 5lb. of force applied to the plunger of a traditional 3mL syringe will generate 55 PSI. The same 5lb of force applied to a 10mL diameter syringe generates 20 PSI. When aspirating, the converse is true. Larger diameter syringes draw greater vacuum than smaller diameter syringes.