New Product Ideas
If you would like to submit your idea to one of BD’s units, please print the document "Consideration of Suggestions" (PDF), review the terms carefully, and if you agree, sign the 'Acceptance of Terms' page and return it by mail to the Office of New Product Suggestions at the address listed in the document along with non-confidential information regarding your idea.
BD cannot accept e-mail submissions at this time. If you are unable to print the document, please write to the Office of New Product Suggestions and request a copy:
Office of New Product Suggestions
21 Davis Drive - P.O. Box 12016
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709-2016
Receipt of your submission will be acknowledged by mail, including the name of the BD unit that will review the idea. Please note:
- BD cannot accept confidential information.
- BD cannot accept any prototypes.
- Only drawings and/or literature will be accepted.
- All mailings must be in flat envelopes no bigger than 11x14 inches.
- Any packages or mailings not fitting this description may be destroyed without review.
- The reviewing BD unit will contact you directly only if they decide to pursue a more detailed evaluation.
- If your idea is declined, you will not receive the results of the evaluation.
- The process typically takes 4-6 weeks.