Cell Surface Protein Characterization
BD has leveraged its large and diverse catalog of high quality antibodies to develop
BD FACS™ CAP (Combinational Antibody Profile). BD FACS™ CAP is a proteomic cell characterization tool developed to identify and analyze cell surface proteins expressed on a specific cell type. The result is an inventory of receptors and markers present on the cell, yielding an information-rich ‘fingerprint’ that can be used to:
- Analyze extracellular matrix and soluble factors that influence cell growth or differentiation
- Analyze donor to donor and passage to passage variability in clinical samples
- Discover cell type specific biomarkers
- Develop QC assays
BD FACS™ CAP is supported by a proprietay software analysis package that will display the results for customers in both spreadsheet and graphical (heat map) format. Once a subset of antibody targets of interest is identified using BD FACS™ CAP, a focused subset of antibodies - BD FACS™ CAP Select – can be provided as a custom product for the customer’s on-going characterization, selection and isolation of the desired cell type.
BD FACS™ CAP is available as a stand-alone custom service for cell characterization and analysis. It is also the recommended first step in the Discovery Platform process.
Please view and download the BD FACS™ CAP Data Sheet.
BD FACS™ CAP
- 212 fluorescently-labeled anti-human antibodies
- Multiplexed in 96-well plate format
- Analysis supported by proprietary software
- Provides an inventory of receptors and markers present on the cell, yielding an information-rich 'fingerprint'