Let BD help you avoid the risk of cross-contamination between patients. By adopting the single-use BD Vacutainer® Stretch Latex-Free Tourniquet, you will reduce the danger of cross-contamination between patients and safeguard both you and your patients from latex allergens.
The BD Vacutainer® Stretch Latex-Free Tourniquet offers convenient packaging that facilitates a single-use policy.
- Perforated design allows for easy, one-at-a-time dispensing of tourniquets.
- Its compact box size fits easily on your phlebotomy tray.
- Available 25 per box/500 per case.
Why is Single-Use Safer-Use?
- Tourniquets that are re-used are frequently contaminated with blood*.
- It is impossible to disinfect reusable tourniquets*.
How will adopting a Single-Use Policy help your facility?
- Reduce the spread of nosocomial infection by tourniquets.
- Reduce the risk of cross-contamination between patients
and healthcare workers*.
- Further your compliance with OSHA's "Bloodborne
Pathogens Standard" 1910-1030(d)(1) "Universal
precautions shall be observed to prevent contact with
blood or other potentially infectious materials."
How will the BD Vacutainer® Stretch Latex-Free
Tourniquet safeguard both you and your patients?
- It will eliminate latex-related allergic reactions by preventing latex exposure.
- As many as 17 million people in the U.S. (including up to 17% of healthcare workers) have a latex allergy*.
- In the past ten years, the number of people who have requested a medical-alert emblem citing a latex allergy has increased dramatically*.
- Up to 73% of children with spina bifida are allergic to latex*.
Contact your local BD distributor or BD Vacutainer Sales Consultant today and learn how to begin ordering BD Vacutainer® Stretch Latex-Free Tourniquets.
Sign-up to receive your complimentary box of BD Vacutainer® Stretch Latex-Free Tourniquets.