Tech Talk® - Technical Information News Bulletin
Tech Talk® is a news bulletin to address frequently asked technical questions, with a focus on reducing preanalytical variables.
Register to download the following newsletters:
- Second generation safety blood collection devices offer greater protection against needlestick injuries (NSIs).
- What is the recommended procedure for handling and processing the PAXgene® Blood RNA Tubes? How long is the RNA stable in the sample?
- What is the acceptable minimum draw volume for BD Vacutainer® Evacuated Blood Collection Tubes?
- Why do platelets sometimes clump in EDTA Tubes?
- What are the preanalytical variables that can affect urinalysis test results?
- Factors Affecting Red Blood Cell Counts with the BD Vacutainer Plus Urinalysis Preservative (BD UAP) Tube
- What is Hemolysis?
- Why is EDTA the anticoagulant of choice for hematology use?
- How to Process the BD Vacutainer® PST™ tube
- Proper Handling of BD Vacutainer® Plus Citrate Tubes
- The Importance of Properly Processing a BD Vacutainer SST™ Tube, Wall Chart
- Sodium Citrate Adjustment for Elevated Hematocrits
- OSHA's Position on Reuse of Holders
- Tips for Urine Analysis
- Tips for Plastic Coag Tube Validation
- Differences Between K2EDTA and K3EDTA
- Differences Between 3.2% and 3.8% Sodium Citrate Tube Concentrations