SmartSite™ extension sets
BD offers a variety of extension sets to help meet clinical needs throughout the hospital. Our sets are available with the award-winning SmartSite™ needle-free valve and split septum injection port. We recognize the concerns about IV sets that contain DEHP and offer DEHP-free extension sets to meet your needs in NICU, peds, ICU and other areas. In addition, we have extension sets available in smallbore and microbore tubing sizes with varying priming volumes depending on the tubing size and length.
- High level of needle-free compliance, because the SmartSite™ needle-free valve is activated with a standard male Luer, the use of needles is eliminated.
- The SmartSite™ needle-free valve partners with the Texium™ closed male Luer to achieve a closed system for delivery of hazardous drugs.
- Some extension sets are labelled for use with low-pressure power injectors.
- Low-sorbing extension sets to minimize adsorption of drugs such as insulin and nitroglycerin.
- Filters, both paediatric and adult, in 0.2 micron, 1.2 micron, and 15 micron sizes.
- Stopcocks, 3-way and 4-way stand alone, and ganged stopcocks for anesthesiology.
- Labelled for use with low pressure power injectors up to 325 psi and maximum flow rate of 10 mL/sec: can be used in radiology (only item codes 2000E7D, 20019E7D, 20039E7D and 20041E-0006).
Please note, not all products, services or features of products and services may be available in your local area. Please check with your local BD representative.