Alaris™ VP Plus Guardrails™ Volumetric Pump
The Alaris™ VP Plus Guardrails™ volumetric pump from BD, delivers exclusive benefits through in-line pressure monitoring and the Guardrails™ suite of safety software. In-line pressure monitoring improves the early detection of occlusions, by reducing time to alarm, and can help reduce sub-therapeutic medication and the risk of I.V. complications such as extravasation or infiltration.
Designed for use in acute and sub-acute areas
Clinicians have the highest expectations of their infusion pumps. Safety, ease of use, and practicality are just some of the most basic requirements. Our Alaris™ VP Plus Guardrails™ volumetric pump from BD delivers exclusive capabilities for significant bedside advantages.
Among these is an in-line pressure sensor technology, capable of highly accurate, real-time pressure monitoring. Improving the early detection of occlusions, by reducing time to alarm, can help reduce sub-therapeutic medication and the risk of IV complications.
Meanwhile, the Alaris™ VP Plus Guardrails™ offers the Guardrails suite of safety software.
The Alaris™ VP Plus Guardrails™ Volumetric pump is indicated for the infusion of fluids, medications, parenteral nutrition, blood and blood products through clinically acceptable routes of administration; such as intravenous (IV), subcutaneous or irrigation of fluid spaces.
The Alaris™ VP Plus Guardrails™ volumetric pump is indicated for use on adults, paediatrics and neonates and offers a range of specialty sets designed to meet the specific needs of these care areas.
The Alaris™ Editor
Improves consistency and standardisation.
Configuring pumps to specific care areas is easy and consistent with the Alaris™ Editor.
One PC tool configures the Alaris™ CC Plus and GH Plus syringe pumps and the Alaris™ GP Plus and VP Plus Guardrails™ volumetric pumps.
- Centralised configuration control
- Up to 30 Care area profiles
- Up to 3000 drug protocols
Guardrails™ Suite Software
The Guardrails™ Suite of safety software is a medication safety and quality auditing system designed specifically for infusions. It not only helps protect the patient and the clinician from the consequences of medication errors, it can also positively affect patient outcomes by facilitating continuous improvements in the quality of practice.
Alaris™ Gateway Workstation - The Alaris™ VP Plus Guardrails™ volumetric pump is designed as part of your complete system, fitting into the workstation.
Alaris™ Safety Clamp
This proprietary design helps protect patients from the risks of free flow when the set is removed from the pump. The safety clamp also features a release function enabling the set to be used for gravity infusions.
- In-line pressure monitoring - delivers constant indication of in-line pressure, improving the early detection of occlusions, by reducing time to alarm.
- Air-in-line Sensor - Air-in-line sensor provides both single bubble and accumulated bubble detection.
- Alarm & Warning Indicator - An immediate identification of the infusion pump requiring attention.
- Drug Protocols - allow clinicians to standardize drug protocols into the infusion pump, ensuring safe administration of IV therapy.
- Large Display - Quickly read critical data – such as pressure trends - from the large clear display visible from a distance in all lighting conditions.
- Folding Pole Clamp - Built in folding pole clamp and Medical Device Interface (MDI).
- Door Removal - The door can be safely removed for cleaning and maintenance.
- Colour Coded Set Loading - Easy set-up with colour coded IV infusion set loading.