The BD Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) aims to accelerate new finance graduates into senior financial leaders. To achieve this vision, we conduct targeted recruitment of high-caliber candidates to garner experiences in challenging and diverse rotations. These rotations consist of four six-month assignments over the course of two years in various areas of finance, which are designed to provide participants with a well-rounded foundation of technical, functional and leadership skills.
Career development objectives
- Business impact – Work on challenging and meaningful assignments that span multiple areas of BD Finance, directly impacting the bottom line.
- Diversity – Rotate among BD offices in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey; San Diego, California; and San Antonio, Texas, developing new skills and competencies while exploring multiple career paths.
- Coaching and development – Obtain guidance from leadership advisors and managers, to grow professionally as well as personally.
- Leadership team visibility – Benefit from direct sponsorship by the chief financial officer, and regularly interface with the Finance leadership team.
- Shape and influence – Work with lead teams that focus on areas such as training and development, program quality, and social and philanthropic endeavors.
- A bright future – Get on a leadership path early in your career, accessing accelerated learning opportunities and diverse experiences to potentially become a future BD leader. Successful assignment completion may lead to a strategic employment opportunity with BD.
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- A minimum GPA of 3.2
- A willingness to relocate as needed to pursue rotational opportunities
- Proven intern or co-op financial experience
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Strong leadership potential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to new professional collaborative environments, deal with ambiguity, take initiative and achieve results
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without restriction as to duration