The mission of the Supply Chain Development Program (SCDP) is to enhance the BD leadership base by recruiting entry-level associates who aspire to become versatile supply chain leaders. BD strives to develop SCDP associates who maintain a strong interest in the supply chain and demonstrate the potential for growth and leadership in other business process areas.
We accomplish our mission by developing highly capable supply chain associates to optimize our global supply chain network. Over the course of two years, SCDP participants become proficient in supply chain operations and processes, learn the specific challenges of working in a leading medical device company, and gain experience and business knowledge by working with different BD segments to improve service to our customers.
Customer operations management
Using SAP, participants perform the following functions:
- Accurately receive, enter and process orders and order changes.
- Provide professional responses to all customer inquiries.
- Creatively resolve customer issues while interfacing with other BD functional areas.
- Develop and improve skills in customer relations, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Become proficient in our diverse product offerings and differentiated customer base.
Transportation management (North America/Global)
Using SAP, associates conduct the following activities:
- Perform daily shipping optimization activities, mode/carrier selection and management, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Handle special projects to demonstrate leadership qualities, and gain knowledge of process and internal structures.
In distribution, associates receive the following opportunities:
- Handle daily tasks, including receipt, storage and shipping functions to ensure efficient control and coordinated movement of materials to BD customers.
- Take an active role in various special projects that will improve the overall distribution processes.
- Obtain first-hand experience in a distribution center environment.
Supply chain operations flex rotation
In our "flex" rotation, participants engage in the following tasks:
- Support one of our other supply chain operations including:
- Supply chain process and master data management
- Supply chain relations and optimization
- Supply chain programs and process improvement
- Quality compliance
- Assist in the analysis of key supply chain performance metrics and identification of areas of high cost and process inefficiencies.
- Interface with key customers and channel partners to optimize the supply chain and create a competitive advantage for BD.
- A BS in Procurement/Purchasing, Business Logistics/Supply Chain or a related area
- A minimum GPA of 3.25
- Demonstrated leadership ability with strong interpersonal, communication, teamwork and quantitative skills; intellectual curiosity; and a natural drive for results
- Genuine interest in joining a leading medical technology company striving to advance the quality, accessibility, safety and affordability of healthcare around the world
- A desire to learn beyond the immediate academic focus
- Interest in a career in the medical technology industry
- Experience as an intern with a medical/pharmaceutical company is preferred
- Flexibility to relocate during a rotational program, as required
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without restriction as to duration