American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) Presents Award at Annual Congress
LAS VEGAS, Dec. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ – CareFusion (NYSE: CFN), a leading global medical technology company, was presented today with the Zenith Award from the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) at its International Respiratory Convention and Exhibition being held Dec. 9-12 in Las Vegas.
Voted on by AARC members, the Zenith Award is given to the top corporations in the respiratory care industry and is widely considered the "people's choice" award of the respiratory care profession. Members are asked to evaluate companies that have the most outstanding: Quality of equipment and supplies; Accessibility and helpfulness of sales personnel; Responsiveness; Service record; Truth in advertising; and Support of the respiratory care profession.
"We are honored to receive the Zenith Award, as it not only reflects on the quality of our technology and products, but also on our people who excel at sales and service," said Dan Woolson, vice president and general manager of Respiratory Disposables for CareFusion. "We would like to thank AARC and all of the members who voted for us. We are committed to continue our path to excellence in respiratory care."
In addition, CareFusion is highlighting the following products at this year's AARC Congress in booth 140:
- The CareFusion Ventilation System: The combination of the AVEA® ventilator and the CareFusion Knowledge Portal creates a system-approach to ventilation at hospitals and health systems. With applications such as Sedation Analytics and Ventilator Associated Events (VAEs) monitoring, respiratory care professionals are armed with data to improve care of ventilated patients to help improve weaning times and reduce VAEs.
- AirLife® Respiratory Products: AirLife will feature a number of products including the AirLife Misty Fast™ small volume nebulizers and other products related to nasal high flow therapy, humidification, infant care, bronchial hygiene, oxygen therapy and medication delivery that assist clinicians in the potential to improve workflow efficiencies, increase standardization and reduce variability.
- 3100A and 3100B High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation (HFOV): Learn more about how HFOV may be beneficial for patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), influenza or when protective lung ventilation is failing.
- Infant Flow SiPAP system: Combined with patented generator technology designed specifically for infants, this system provides a complete solution for noninvasive ventilatory support.
- Transport and Emergency Preparedness Ventilators: ReVel® ventilators provides portable ventilation on the fly—with critical tools and high-level performance for pediatric (> 5 kg) to adult patients in emergency transport. The low profile design of the LTV® Series ventilators provides portable, invasive and noninvasive ventilation, for critical care, emergency departments, emergency preparedness, patient transport, long-term care and home care. AARC held a hands-on training workshop for pandemic preparedness using LTV Series ventilators on Dec. 8.
- Respiratory Diagnostics Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) and Exercise: Vmax® Encore System for both PFT and Exercise testing applications offers a new technician and physician workflow-based backend that improves data interpretation, reporting and EMR integration. The new SentrySuite® software platform can help standardize data across an entire hospital or integrated delivery network.
- Respiratory Diagnostics Sleep: SomnoStar® z4 Sleep System with the new QDC Pro for integrating calibrated RIP into laboratory testing. NOXT3 offers automation and ease-of-use in portable sleep monitoring.
- Respiratory Diagnostics EMR connectivity: SentryConnect EMR integration software platform can be used for all CareFusion PFT, CPET and Sleep products.
"Through the combination of our ventilation technology, the advanced analytics from our Respiratory Knowledge Portal, our diagnostics, AirLife products, sleep and therapy solutions, CareFusion will showcase our vast portfolio of respiratory solutions at the AARC Congress," said Kevin Ketzel, senior vice president and general manager of the Respiratory business line from CareFusion. "These solutions are focused on improving the safety and reducing the cost of respiratory care for hospitals and across an entire health system."
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help enhance the safety and efficiency of clinicians' care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to accurately detect disease and advance researchers' capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care.