BD Debuts New Software for Flow Cytometry Analysis
FlowJo™ software version 10.6 adds new features and integration with BD FACSDiva™ software
Jun 19, 2019
Franklin Lakes, N.J., June 19, 2019 – BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), a leading global medical technology company, today announced the availability of FlowJo™ software version 10.6 for flow cytometry data analysis. The software adds new analysis capabilities and enhances integration with BD FACSDiva™ software, making it easier for users to analyze multiple flow cytometry runs and compare data in a single view.
New FlowJo™ software features include:
- BD FACSDiva™ software integration enables researchers to streamline experimental design and analysis by importing and exporting compensation and gates separating cell populations of interest between BD instruments and FlowJo™ software, helping to reduce redundancies in defining cell populations for additional study or analysis.
- Optimized spectral compensation enables a spectral analysis workflow allowing detection of fluors across all available channels that can improve data quality and resolution.
- Additional heat mapping and overlays for kinetics, proliferation, and cell cycle analysis enhance visualization capabilities enabling researchers to gain more insights from their data.
- Additional options for parameter filters to streamline the selection of parameters of study.
- Faster t-SNE with automated state-of-the-art adjustments enabling meaningful dimensionality reduction on millions of cells without down sampling.
- Auto-naming of stat table columns to save time in creating table of statistics.
- Auto-save to ensure that data analysis work is regularly saved.
“The launch of this new FlowJo software version highlights our commitment to commercializing innovations that create a more seamless user experience for our customers,” said Jasper Katz, global platform leader, Informatics at BD. “New features of FlowJo software version 10.6 make it easier than ever for researchers to visualize and develop insights from their data, combine data sets, and transfer data back and forth from BD flow cytometry instruments to analysis.”
For FlowJo™ software users with version 10 licenses, FlowJo™ software version 10.6 is available for free download at www.flowjo.com. FlowJo™ software users with legacy version licenses will need to upgrade their dongle by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
A live demonstration of the new software will be available at CYTO 2019 at booth 208. To learn more, visit www.flowjo.com.
About FlowJo™ software
FlowJo™ software is a powerful analysis tool for the management, display, manipulation, analysis and publication flow cytometry data, addressing a key challenge in the interpretation of data.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of healthcare by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for healthcare providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help enhance the safety and efficiency of clinicians' care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to accurately detect disease and advance researchers' capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to healthcare.
For more information on BD, please visit bd.com.
Back to News Releases