CareFusion Highlights New Respiratory Solutions at AARC 2015 Congress
Nov 6, 2015
TAMPA, Fla., Nov. 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ – CareFusion, a BD company (NYSE:BDX), will be displaying new respiratory solutions that are designed to put patients first, whether ventilated or breathing on their own, at the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) Congress being held Nov. 7-10 in Tampa, Fla.
"Through the combination of our ventilation technology, the advanced analytics from our Respiratory Knowledge Portal, our diagnostics, AirLife® products, sleep and therapy solutions, CareFusion will showcase our vast portfolio of respiratory solutions at the AARC Congress," said Dan Woolson, worldwide president of Respiratory Solutions for BD. "These solutions are focused on improving the safety and reducing the cost of respiratory care for hospitals and across an entire health system."
As a corporate sponsor and a multi-year recipient of the prestigious Zenith Award, CareFusion is a proud supporter of AARC. Clinicians can visit CareFusion at booth #401, where the company is highlighting its portfolio of respiratory solutions, including:
- The CareFusion Ventilation System: CareFusion has developed connectivity, interfacing and analytics applications that work with our leading ventilator and smart pump technology to help address challenges beyond the scope of a traditional stand-alone ventilator. The CareFusion Respiratory Knowledge Portal is an analytics and reporting tool that helps hospitals measure and address clinical and process variability in mechanical ventilation. It can identify exceptions and measure compliance with policies and protocols in the following areas: ventilator weaning, lung protective strategies, alarm policy, VAE surveillance and ICU sedation.
- AirLife® Respiratory Products: AirLife will feature a number of new products including the Intersurgical adult heated circuits and humidification chambers, AcuCare™ nasal high flow cannulas from ResMed and AirLife non-invasive ventilation (NIV) masks. Other products that will be featured include the AirLife Misty Fast™ small volume nebulizers and other products related to open and closed suction, infant care, bronchial hygiene, oxygen therapy and medication delivery that assist clinicians in the potential to improve workflow efficiencies, increase standardization and reduce variability.
- 3100A and 3100B High Frequency Oscillatory Ventilation (HFOV): Learn more about how HFOV may be beneficial for patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), influenza or when protective lung ventilation is failing.
- Infant Flow SiPAP system: Combined with patented generator technology designed specifically for infants, this system provides a complete solution for noninvasive ventilation support.
- Transport and Emergency Preparedness Ventilators: ReVel® ventilators provide portable ventilation on the fly--with critical tools and high-level performance for pediatric (> 5 kg) to adult patients in emergency transport. The low profile design of the LTV® Series ventilators provides portable, invasive and noninvasive ventilation, for critical care, emergency departments, emergency preparedness, patient transport, long-term care and home care.
- Respiratory Diagnostics Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) and Exercise: CareFusion will feature new products including the Vmax Vyntus™ CPX for cardiopulmonary exercise testing and the new Vmax Vyntus™ Walk, which offers a complete and standardized workflow solution for six-minute walk testing and reporting. These products along with others are supported by the SentrySuite® software platform from CareFusion, which provides powerful network, workflow and connectivity solutions for our customers.
- Respiratory Diagnostics Sleep: The SomnoStar® z4 Sleep System with the QDC Pro integrates calibrated RIP into laboratory testing. The NOXT3 offers automation and ease-of-use in portable sleep monitoring. Respiratory Diagnostics EMR connectivity: SentryConnect EMR integration software platform can be used for all CareFusion PFT, CPET and Sleep products.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of healthcare by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for healthcare providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help enhance the safety and efficiency of clinicians' care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to accurately detect disease and advance researchers' capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to healthcare. In 2017, BD welcomed C. R. Bard and its products into the BD family. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com
For more information on BD, please visit bd.com.
Back to News Releases