Take comfort in our needles
BD pen needles leverage advanced technology, innovative design and state-of-the-art manufacturing. Compatible with leading diabetes medication pens in the United States and tested in accordance with ISO standards for compatibility, our pen needles start as flat pieces of surgical steel that then are rolled into tubes. This design promotes injection comfort in a 4-mm size.1
BD pen needles incorporate the following methods to optimize injection comfort:
- Penta Point™ Comfort technology. After cutting the cannula to length, we shape the needle tip into a patented five-bevel design, which promotes more comfortable and easier insertion compared to a three-bevel needle.
- Microbonded lubrication. We add a layer of microbonded lubrication while manufacturing the needle to help the needle more smoothly glide into skin.
- Electropolishing. We use a manufacturing process that polishes the needle to a smooth finish, removing the very small blemishes and rough spots that could otherwise occur during manufacturing and cause painful skin tearing.2
The BD AutoShield Duo pen needle is a 5-mm pen needle that enables a wide variety of clinical and patient benefits in insulin injection.
Redesigned with patients in mind
The BD Nano 4mm pen needle features two technologies that optimize the insulin injection experience.
BD Ultra-Fine Micro pen needle 6mm x 32 G is designed to optimize comfort for patients who prefer a 6-mm length.
BD Ultra-Fine Pen needles are available in 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm, 8 mm and 12.7 mm lengths.
- Hirsch L, Gibney M, Berube J, Manocchio J. Impact of a modified needle tip geometry on penetration force as well as acceptability, preference and perceived pain in subjects with diabetes. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2012;6(2):328-335.
- Look D. Reuse of sharps in diabetic patients: Is it completely safe? Diabetes J. 1998;10:31-34.