BD External Funding
BD accepts funding requests from qualified external organizations that align with our mission, values, therapeutic areas, and strategic objectives.
- Charitable Contributions
- Educational Grants
- Investigator Sponsored Studies
BD is passionate about advancing the world of health™. Our passion drives a strong commitment to promoting human health, improving the communities we serve, and funding educational and research initiatives. On an annual basis, BD receives hundreds of requests from external requestors. Due to finite resources, not every qualified request will receive support.
BD never provides funding to influence the purchase, lease, recommendation, or prescription of BD products or solutions.
This material is to be used as guidance only and is not all-inclusive. BD policies and guidelines are subject to change without notice.
Funding must be used for the following permitted purposes:
- To reduce overall conference costs for all attendees
- To cover reasonable honoraria, travel, lodging, and modest meals for HCPs who are bona fide conference or meeting faculty members
- To provide financial assistance for scholarships or other educational funds to permit medical students, residents, fellows, and other HCPs in training to attend carefully selected educational conferences or meetings; and the selection of attending individuals is made by the conference sponsor or training institution
BD will NOT support the following:
- Funding to build or support the building of labs, offices, or research centers
- Sponsoring a fellow for a private practice
- Paying an honorarium to attend any third-party educational conference
- Programs located at venues not conducive to the underlying educational purpose of the event
- Programs with agendas that are not primarily focused on the underlying educational purpose of the event
- May be either a clinical or non-clinical study for which BD may provide monetary support, product, equipment, or in-kind service
- Support must only be provided legitimate research activities
- Any monetary support must represent fair market value for the research work to be performed and should be provided pursuant to a milestone payment schedule
- Requestors must be an organization or institution
- BD strives to decide on each application within 90 days. However, if the application is missing information, this process may take longer.
For any questions you may have regarding the BD Investigator Sponsored Study Program, contact email@example.com.