Acute care and specialty syringes
Find the perfect package for your injectable drugs
Glass delivery systems, polymer delivery systems, syringe components or needles—BD offers them all, designed to enhance outcomes for various drug types.
* The BD Hylok syringe is under development. The statements made hereunder are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties.
‡ A 2013 clinical study was designed to demonstrate the compatibility (flow characteristics) of BD Sterifill™ 50mL (renamed to BD Sterifill Advance™ 50mL prior to commercial launch) with a panel of electric syringe pumps available on the market for 4 flow rates (1, 5, 25 and 100mL/h) through a total of n=150 simulated Water for Injection (WFI) infusions as per ISO 7886-2. Tested syringe pumps were Perfusor space (B Braun), Module DPS (Fresenius Kabi), Poliot A2 (Fresenius Kabi), Injectomat (Fresenius Kabi) and GH+ Alaris (Becton Dickinson). BD Sterifill Advance™ barrel is not intended to be filled with drugs containing metabisulfite preservatives
§ Human factor results from intravenous, subcutaneous and intra-articular manual injections performed by 15 experienced nurses indicates no technical incident or adverse event was recorded for manual use (5,10 and 20ml) and for pump use (20ml). The difficulty encountered by nurses to select the correct program on the syringe pump highlights importance to provide training to end-users on the use of pump.
- IV connectors and needle compatibility [test report]. Pont-de-Claix, FR: Becton, Dickinson and Company; 2016.
- BD Hylok human factor study [internal report]. Pont-de-Claix, FR: Becton, Dickinson and Company; 2015.
- BD Sterifill Advance 5,10 and 20mL Human factor Executive Summary [Human factor study, n=28]. Pont-de-Claix, FR: Becton Dickinson and Company; 2016.
- A simulated study of performance and acceptance of a new plastic syringe for infusion with electric pump. [Internal Document, n=150]. Pont-de-Claix, Becton, Dickinson and Company, 2013.