* Within an ISO Class V environment following aseptic technique
^ The ability to prevent microbial ingress for up to 168 hours should not be interpreted as modifying, extending or superseding a manufacturer's labeling recommendations for the storage and expiration dating of the drug vial. Refer to drug manufacturer's recommendations and USP compounding guidelines for shelf life and sterility information.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Easy Ergonomics: A Guide to Selecting Non-Powered Hand Tools. https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2004-164/pdfs/2004-164.pdf. Published August 18, 2004. Accessed September 2, 2020.
- BD Engineering study: REF-2870 Evaluation of PhaSeal Optima residual drug loss performance testing. 2017.
- BD Engineering study: REF-4590 Evaluation of PhaSeal Optima residual drug loss performance testing. 2018.
- Gilbar PJ, Chambers CR, Gilbar EC. Opportunities to significantly reduce expenditure associated with cancer drugs. Future Oncol.2017;13(15):1311-1322.
- McMichael DM, Jefferson DM, Carey ET, et al. Utility of the PhaSeal closed system drug transfer device. Am J Pharm Benefits.2011;3(1):9-16.
- Bendeka [prescribing information], North Wales, Pennsylvania. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. 2018.
- Doxil [prescribing information], Bedford, Ohio. ALZA Corporation. 2016.
- Herceptin [prescribing information], South San Francisco, California. Genentech, Inc. 2017.
- Valstar [prescribing information], Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania. Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 2017
- April 2018 ASP pricing file. CMS website. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Part-B-Drugs/McrPartBDrugAvgSalesPrice/2018ASPFiles.html. Accessed June 8, 2018.