* Compared to a nondiffusion tip IV catheter
† Compared to a fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) catheter
**Compared to B. Braun Introcan Safety® catheter with Bard Statlock® IV Ultra stabilization device.
- Gonzalez Lopez J, Arribi Vilela A, Fernandez Del Palacio E, et al. Indwell times, complications and costs of open vs closed safety peripheral intravenous catheters: a randomized study. J Hosp Infect. 2014;86(2):117-126.
- Tamura N, Ave S, Hagimoto K, et al. Unfavorable peripheral intravenous catheter replacements an be reduced using an integrated closed intravenous catheter system. J Vasc Access. 2014;15(4):257-263.)
- Bausone-Gazda D, Lefaiver CA, Walters SA. A randomized controlled trial to compare the complications of 2 peripheral intravenous catheter-stabilization systems. J Infus Nurs. 2010;33(6):371-384.)
- Infusion Nurses Society;. Infusion therapy standards of practice. J Infus Nurs. 2016:39(1S)S72. Alexander M, Corrigan A. Gorski L, et al. Infusion nursing: an evidence based approach. 3rd ed. St. Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier; 2010:410.
- Alexander M, Corrigan A. Gorski L, et al. Infusion nursing: an evidence based approach. 3rd ed. St. Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier; 2010:410.
- Maki DG, Ringer M. Risk factors for infusion-related phlebitis with small peripheral venous catheter. Annals of Internal Medicine. 1991;114:845-854.
- O'Grady NP, Alexander M, Burns LA, et al. Guidelines for the prevention of intravascular catheter-related infections. CDC. 2011:16.